ELITE FC Corrales has developed these guidelines, incorporating the requirements set by the Governor’s office and NMYSA. We understand as these requirements change our plan will also have to change. At this time, the State of NM and NMYSA are restricting participation in team activities to only members who reside in the United States and adjacent counties.
All of our activities are optional and there will be no repercussion for choosing not to participate. We have asked that players do not participate if you, your child, household member or someone you have been in contact with has COVID-19 or COVID-19 symptoms, has travelled outside the state of NM or visited San Juan, McKinley or Cibola counties in NM within the 14 days prior to the beginning of group training. At risk individuals, youth or adult, are advised to stay home using CDC Guidelines.
We have designated Hayley Chavez & Mike Posen as our COVID-19 Managers. They will be responsible for responding to any COVID-19 issues or concerns. Please reach out to them with any questions you may have regarding COVID-19. If a coach or player has had a case of documented COVID-19 infection, they need to get re-tested and receive clearance from a medical professional before they return to in person interactions. Hayley: 505.313.9200 & Mike: 505.302.0326
- Coaches must not have traveled outside the state of NM or visited San Juan,McKinley or Cibola counties in NM within 14 days prior to the beginning of group training.
- All coaches must get tested for COVID-19 before beginning any in person interactions with players and will submit results to designated COVID-19 managers listed above.
- Permissible Soccer Activity is restricted to no more than 5 players with 1 coach (non-contact!)
- To ensure that player and staff groupings are as self-contained as possible, the same group of children will stay with the same staff during that training day. The coaches will not mix players between groups.
- Coaches will follow all NM COVID-19 safe practices from the state of NM and NMYSA.
(No spitting, must use hand sanitizer, no touching of face, covering mouth & nose when coughing or sneezing, maintain social distancing)
- Coaches must have parent/emergency contact # AT sessions!
- Coaches will check their temperatures daily before participation in soccer activities and stay home if they have a Temp of 100.4 or greater, or if any COVID-19 symptoms exist as identified by the CDC.
- Upon arrival to train, the coaches will verbally check the health of players and ask each player if they are experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
- The Coaches will remind players of their training regarding hygiene and safety protocols including proper hand washing, no touching of face, covering mouth and nose when coughing/sneezing and social distancing. If the athlete has any signs or symptoms of COVID-19, they should be sent home and instructed to contact their healthcare provider.
- There will be no physical contact between the players and the coaches. No handshakes, high fives or other physical touching before, during or after soccer activities. Observe 6ftsocial distancing at all times.
- The coaches will wear face masks as required, during all in person interactions with players, staff or parents.
- The coaches will sanitize hands and disinfect all team equipment, (team balls, cones, goals, etc) before, as needed during and after soccer activity. Coaches aloneshall be permitted to retrieve, setup, gather and store equipment. Only items touched or shared during training (e.g. balls used to pass with) need to be disinfected between sessions.
- Players must use their own soccer balls as much as possible but passing is permissible so long as players do not touch the ball with their hands and social distancing is maintained. In passing exercises please use team balls so the coach can disinfect after the session. (or player disinfects their own ball)
- The GK’s cannot be involved with team shooting practices but can do individual activities with their personal ball and a coach (GK can be the only one to touch the ball, the coach uses his or her feet).
- No spitting is allowed by soccer players, coaches or officials.
- The Players are required to wear masks at all times per State of NM guidelines, but masks are optional during training/exercise (bring small washcloth/towel to wipe sweat!)
- Each Player must bring an identifiable ball for their personal use to every training session. (NAME BOLDLY ON THEIR BALL!)
- The Players should arrive no more than 5 min prior to the session. Arrive dressed/ready to go. Head directly to designated training space as directed by the coach. Do not walk to training in groups. Don’t walk through other sessions. Depart promptly after session.
- Observe social distancing of 6 ft. apart (and for team cheer)
- Place bags/player equipment at least 6 apart.
- The Players must follow all the provided recommended hygiene and safety protocols including proper hand washing, no touching of face, covering mouth and nose when coughing/sneezing and social distancing.
- The Players must sanitize their hands and their ball, before, (if necessary) during, and after soccer activity.
- The Players are not permitted to touch team equipment other than their own personal soccer ball with their hands at any time.
- No handshakes, high fives or other physical touching before, during or after soccer activities.
- No spitting is allowed by soccer players.
- Don’t share drinks, food, equipment, gear or cell phones!
- The Parents will communicate, preferably electronically, with your child’s participation concerns to your child’s coach!
- The Parents should check their child’s temperature dailybefore participation in soccer activities, and keep their child home if they have a Temp of 4 or greater or if any COVID-19 symptoms exist as identified by CDC. Symptoms of COVID-19 can include fever or feverishness, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills or shaking chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell, stomachache or diarrhea.
- If your child becomes sick with COVID-19 please notify Hayley or Mike, the COVID-19 managers
- The Parents must review and educate their children regarding the provided hygiene and safety protocols including proper hand washing, no touching of face, covering mouth and nose when coughing/sneezing and social distancing.
- The Parents must ensure their child brings their own personal adequate supply of water.
- The Parents must provide hand sanitizer, a ball for your child’s use before, during and after soccer activity.
- The Parents are asked to remain in their vehicles when dropping off and picking up players at training. If you must leave your vehicle, wear a mask per state guidelines and observe social distancing and gathering restrictions.
- The Parents must ensure player’s clothing, gear and equipment is washed/sanitized before/after soccer activity.
Restrooms will not be accessible during training. If something changes in the future we will notify the coaches.